Safety & Emergency Services
- Dial 9-911 on a campus-system phone or activate an emergency phone for situations such as fire, bomb threats, active shooter, or uncontained chemical spills.
- After you have informed the appropriate emergency authority, call Campus Safety Officers at (505) 428-1224 to advise them of the situation. The college procedure for evacuation of buildings will immediately be set in motion.
Emergency Telephone Numbers (from on-campus phones)
- Ambulance, 9-911
- Campus Safety Office, 428-1224
- City police substation, 9-955-2080
- Fire and city police and sheriff, 9-911
- Poison control, 9-1-800-432-6866
- Sheriff, 9-428-3720
- State Police, 9-827-9300
- SFCC’s Weather Line 9-428-1716
Personal Safety Tips
- Stay in well-lit areas after dark.
- Walk to your vehicle with others or request an escort from a Campus Safety Officer.
- Keep your windows closed and your vehicle locked.
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle or, if you must, place them out of sight.
- Report suspicious behavior to Campus Security or any member of the SFCC or TMP staff.
- Report incidents that occur on campus to Campus Security who will work with local law enforcement agencies on prosecution.
Incident Reporting to the New Mexico Public Education Department
- Anti-Racism & Anti-Oppression (ARAO) Incident Report Form: bit.ly/ARAOHotline